Howland Calls Trump’s Executive Order on ACA Irresponsible and Hurtful to IL 6th Congressional District
Says Roskam (IL-06) continues to undermine families in the 6th District
Lake Zurich (October 12th, 2017) Amanda Howland, Democratic candidate for Congress in Illinois 6th District, released the following statement after President Trump signed an executive order to further dismantle the Affordable Care Act:
“After repeatedly failing to repeal the Affordable Care Act, President Trump has decided to undermine our healthcare system with this irresponsible executive order that will hurt working families and individuals. Congressman Roskam is complicit in this act as he continues to be one of Trump’s strongest supporters on the House floor.
The executive order will trigger the following destructive outcomes:
- Federal agencies are instructed not to enforce the law.
- The open enrollment period will be cut in half.
- Television and radio ads that educate people about how to enroll for insurance will be cancelled.
- Funding for patient navigators and outreach efforts will be cut.
- Our government will not commit to paying the cost-sharing reduction subsidies that help lower healthcare costs for working families.
President Trump and Congressman Roskam continue to undermine families in the 6th congressional district with their vindictive and hurtful policies. This is not acceptable, and I will be stepping up my efforts to confront Congressman Roskam on his unacceptable decisions that hurt our district.”